Everybody makes bad mistakes at some point. Here are seven bad mistakes that good mothers have made.
These are some innocent mistakes some moms have made:
1) Putting your kid to bed without dinner. “She wasn’t hungry, and I wasn’t forcing it!”
2) Letting your kid go to school with shorts on a cold day “just because their friends’ moms let them.” Just because they want to, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. At least make sure they have a jacket.
3) Accidentally smacking your kid in the face. One mother was bitten in the leg by her kid, and just as a reaction, like smacking a mosquito, she, well, smacked him.
4) Hitting your kid with a doorknob. Not how it sounds. Say your small child is standing behind a door trying to get out, and you happen to open the door into them. Not your fault.
5) Leaving your kid in time-out for 45 minutes. Sometimes if they’re quiet, you just don’t realize they’re there. Oops.
6) Forget you pick your kid up from school. You get busy at home with a smaller child, or stuck at work and just forget. Or the school schedule changes (activities, etc).
7) Let your kids go to school without underwear on. Not necessarily because laundry is dirty, but because you let your kids dress themselves. Keep an eye on that.