I soooo look forward to this every year! Hi, it’s Brenda, and I’ve been attending the SWS’s for years – even before I moved to Charlotte, we had the same show in Orlando at the Convention Center there. I’d head out with the girls, separate so I could buy them their respective Christmas presents, since the shopping is fabulous (!), and reunite to get makeovers or to greet other friends that were manning booths!
The big change this year? The location…it’s moved from ‘The Park’ to the Charlotte Convention Center – which means taking Light Rail - that’s a good thing, in my book!!
Per their press release, expect “Four days of fashion shows, cooking demonstrations, beauty tips, health screenings, decorating ideas and personal growth opportunities — all tailored especially for women. The show features more than 400 exhibits with the latest trends and new products. This year, we’re celebrating the show’s 31st anniversary!”
- Meet Jessica Robertson from Duck Dynasty on Sunday at 1pm on the Fashion & Entertainment Stage.
- Be the star of your own kitchen with non-stop cooking classes on the Cooking Stage.
- Friday is Show Us Your Smile Day sponsored by Dentistry of the Carolinas.
- Saturday is Healthy Living Day sponsored by Novant Health Midtown OB/GYN.
- Learn money saving tricks and tips with The Deal Diva.
- Help raise money for the Charlotte Mecklenburg Firefighters Burned Children’s Fund by supporting the Charlotte Fire Department when they take to the runway for the Firefighter Fashion Show. See them on the Fashion & Entertainment Stage Friday at 6:30 and Saturday at 5:15.
- Fashion shows from Gaffney Premium Outlets, Elle VJ and Dillard’s.
- Thursday, September 19 10am – 7pm
- Friday, September 20 10am – 8pm
- Saturday, September 21 10am – 7pm
- Sunday, September 22 10am – 5pm
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Adults $10 at the door, kids (6 – 12) $5, under 6 FREE with paying adult
- Advance tickets for $7.50 at Harris Teeter
- Advance on-line tickets for $8,
- Group tickets: groups of 10 or more can buy tickets in advance for $6.50 each,
- $2 off coupons available on the official show website.
Varies. See website for parking lot rates (girlfriends – just take Light Rail!)
Handicap Parking: There is street level parking directly across from the CCC on College Street (EZ Parking). The main entrance permits persons needing handicapped access to enter through a wider mechanical assisted door. Elevators are available for those needing it taking them directly to the show floor level.
More on K1047.com: