5 Activities During Fall That Help You Get In Shape
(CBS Radio) — The weather has cooled off considerably and the leaves are changing colors — Fall is a wonderful time of year.
During Fall, there are a plethora of outdoor activities that you can enjoy that can also help you get into shape, and perhaps even shed some pounds.
Here are 5 Outdoor Activities To Help You Get In Shape
5. Gardening — Does your garden need some T.L.C? If so, head out back and get to work. Gardening can provide you with a great workout, and can even help you burn around 300 calories per hour.
4. Raking Leaves — If your home is surrounded by trees, getting out and raking can provide you with an excellent, upper-body workout.
3. Apple/Pumpkin Picking, Corn Mazes — Taking the family to pick some apples or pumpkins and/or getting lost in a corn maze can not only provide hours of entertainment, but all that walking around and/or lifting pumpkins provides hours of exercise as well.
2. Walking Along The Beach — While the ocean may be a bit chilly to go for a dip, walking along the beach will burn more calories than just your average walk. Walking along the beach is similar to taking a walk with ankle weights on.
1. Chopping Fire Wood — If you have a wood burning fire place, what better way to get prepared for winter than to chop fire wood? Additionally, chopping fire wood is a great cardio workout, and can burn between 400 to 500 calories per hour.
-QC Writer, CBS Radio