Do You Drink Too Much?
I had my annual physical yesterday. Everything appears to be in good working order but I’m always a little tense when I go to the doctor’s office. Call it test anxiety. When the nurse asks all of those preliminary questions, I just want to be sure I have the right answers. Inevitably, he or she will ask about tobacco and alcohol use. Tobacco? No, not for fifteen years. Alcohol? Yes. How much? Ummm…
According to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control, thirty-eight million Americans are drinking too much alcohol. The report also indicates that health care providers are dropping the ball when it comes to telling people about the risks. The CDC goes on to say that “problem drinking may involve binge drinking, or averaging more than two alcoholic beverages per day for men or one per day for women.”
We all know that excessive drinking of alcohol can cause a host of ailments and other problems, from liver disease to increased risk of cancer, job loss to divorce. So based on the CDC’s parameters of two alcoholic beverages per day for men and one per day for women, are you one of the thirty-eight million Americans who drinks too much?
Do something good today.
More on K1047.com:
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Watch: A Touching Tribute To A Teacher Retiring After 41 Years In The Classroom
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album