Do You Drink Too Much?
I had my annual physical yesterday. Everything appears to be in good working order but I’m always a little tense when I go to the doctor’s office. Call it test anxiety. When the nurse asks all of those preliminary questions, I just want to be sure I have the right answers. Inevitably, he or she will ask about tobacco and alcohol use. Tobacco? No, not for fifteen years. Alcohol? Yes. How much? Ummm…
According to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control, thirty-eight million Americans are drinking too much alcohol. The report also indicates that health care providers are dropping the ball when it comes to telling people about the risks. The CDC goes on to say that “problem drinking may involve binge drinking, or averaging more than two alcoholic beverages per day for men or one per day for women.”
We all know that excessive drinking of alcohol can cause a host of ailments and other problems, from liver disease to increased risk of cancer, job loss to divorce. So based on the CDC’s parameters of two alcoholic beverages per day for men and one per day for women, are you one of the thirty-eight million Americans who drinks too much?
Do something good today.
More on K1047.com:
- Pharrell Sends Inspirational Message To 9 Year Old Fan Who’s Battling Cancer!
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo