Which Is Worse: Pot Or Pop?
A new survey found that Americans believe sugar is more harmful than marijuana. Guenn and I recently talked about the high levels of sugar in sodas and fruit juice beverages marketed to children. The numbers are astounding. Click here to see the list.
What’s even more surprising is how Americans’ attitudes toward marijuana seems to be changing as states like Colorado and Washington have loosened their recreational pot laws. Here’s how the survey broke down our perception of the health damage we do by using alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and sugar:
• 49% of respondents said that tobacco is the most dangerous substance.
• Alcohol was pooh-poohed by 24%.
• Sugar came in at 15%.
• And only 8% of those surveyed said marijuana was most dangerous.
What do you think? Should we be worried about diabetes and obesity from the high rate of sugar consumption in America, or are you more concerned about people getting high?
More on K1047.com:
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion
- Sam Smith Pulls Surprise Guest Ed Sheeran for ‘Stay With Me’ Duet: Watch
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers
- The Funniest Animal Photo Bombs EVER!