Which Is Worse: Pot Or Pop?
A new survey found that Americans believe sugar is more harmful than marijuana. Guenn and I recently talked about the high levels of sugar in sodas and fruit juice beverages marketed to children. The numbers are astounding. Click here to see the list.
What’s even more surprising is how Americans’ attitudes toward marijuana seems to be changing as states like Colorado and Washington have loosened their recreational pot laws. Here’s how the survey broke down our perception of the health damage we do by using alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and sugar:
• 49% of respondents said that tobacco is the most dangerous substance.
• Alcohol was pooh-poohed by 24%.
• Sugar came in at 15%.
• And only 8% of those surveyed said marijuana was most dangerous.
What do you think? Should we be worried about diabetes and obesity from the high rate of sugar consumption in America, or are you more concerned about people getting high?
More on K1047.com:
- Hilarious: Best Man Gives Epic Toast To The Tune Of “Let It Go”
- Single Again: Semisonic – ‘Closing Time’
- Miley Cyrus and 5 Other Musicians Who’ve Used Award Shows as Protest Signs
- Justin Bieber Compares Himself to Princess Diana After Being Rear-Ended By Paparazzi
- Miley Cyrus Lashes Out at Media For Going After Her Homeless VMA Date, Jesse Helt