Which Is Worse: Pot Or Pop?
A new survey found that Americans believe sugar is more harmful than marijuana. Guenn and I recently talked about the high levels of sugar in sodas and fruit juice beverages marketed to children. The numbers are astounding. Click here to see the list.
What’s even more surprising is how Americans’ attitudes toward marijuana seems to be changing as states like Colorado and Washington have loosened their recreational pot laws. Here’s how the survey broke down our perception of the health damage we do by using alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and sugar:
• 49% of respondents said that tobacco is the most dangerous substance.
• Alcohol was pooh-poohed by 24%.
• Sugar came in at 15%.
• And only 8% of those surveyed said marijuana was most dangerous.
What do you think? Should we be worried about diabetes and obesity from the high rate of sugar consumption in America, or are you more concerned about people getting high?
More on K1047.com:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Probably The Best “Bohemian Rhapsody” Cover I’ve Ever Seen
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’