Would You Buy A Personal Robot?
My very own robot… It’s something I dreamed about when I was growing up and watching “The Jetsons” on TV. Remember Rosie the Maid? Believe it or not, personal robots will finally go on sale by early next year.
A Japanese mobile technology company called SoftBank says it will start selling human-like robots named “Pepper” for personal use by February 2015. For the people of Japan, the robots may help address labor shortages in one of the world’s fastest aging populations. SoftBank’s CEO, Masayoshi Son, says the robots could be used as babysitters, nurses, emergency medical workers, or even party companions (Creepy). They’ll cost less than $2000 and can learn and express emotions (Even creepier!). Watch “Pepper” in action:
So what do you think? Would you plunk down two grand for your own robot assistant? I could do without the artificial emotion app. But if “Pepper” can learn to clean bathrooms and fold laundry, I’m all in! Click here for more about Softbank and “Pepper.”
Do something good today.
More on K1047.com:
- Madonna, Diplo Rework ‘La Isla Bonita’ to Mention Major Lazer in Dub Plate Remix: Watch
- Katy Perry Does the Ultimate #tbt in Lyric Video for ‘This Is How We Do': Watch
- Insanely Clever Inventions That You Should Have Thought Of!
- Beyoncé Strips Down ‘Crazy In Love’ For Steamy ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer
- WATCH: Fastest Busboy On Earth!