Would You Buy A Personal Robot?
My very own robot… It’s something I dreamed about when I was growing up and watching “The Jetsons” on TV. Remember Rosie the Maid? Believe it or not, personal robots will finally go on sale by early next year.
A Japanese mobile technology company called SoftBank says it will start selling human-like robots named “Pepper” for personal use by February 2015. For the people of Japan, the robots may help address labor shortages in one of the world’s fastest aging populations. SoftBank’s CEO, Masayoshi Son, says the robots could be used as babysitters, nurses, emergency medical workers, or even party companions (Creepy). They’ll cost less than $2000 and can learn and express emotions (Even creepier!). Watch “Pepper” in action:
So what do you think? Would you plunk down two grand for your own robot assistant? I could do without the artificial emotion app. But if “Pepper” can learn to clean bathrooms and fold laundry, I’m all in! Click here for more about Softbank and “Pepper.”
Do something good today.
More on K1047.com:
- Things You Still Need to Ask Your Mom About
- Everyday Life Situations That Test Your Patience and Reveal Your Character
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay
- Katy Perry Canceled 30th Birthday Celebration in Egypt Due to ‘Safety Concerns’